Author Evan McCulloch Senior Vice President, Director of Research Franklin Equity Group® Portfolio Manager, Franklin Biotechnology Discovery Fund Since hitting an all-time high in July 2015, biotech stocks, as measured by the NASDAQ Biotechnology ...
Posted on 25 September 2018 | 12:05 pm
Let’s take a look at the utility sector’s total returns compared to those of other sectors so far this year. Broader utilities (XLU) have returned more than 3% this year, underperforming the broader markets. SPY, a representative of the broader markets, continues to make new highs and has returned 11% this year.
Posted on 25 September 2018 | 6:02 am
Southern Company (SO) expects to increase its EPS by 4%–6% annually for the next few years, which is in line with the industry average. Southern Company’s stock performance has been negatively affected by power plant issues in the last few years.
Posted on 25 September 2018 | 4:33 am
According to Reuters, as of September 20, 57% of the 21 analysts covering Honda Motor Company (HMC) have given it “buy” recommendations. The remaining 43% of analysts have suggested “holds” on the stock. No analysts have given the stock “sell” recommendations at current.
Posted on 25 September 2018 | 4:30 am
Sector ETF report for FXD
Posted on 24 September 2018 | 7:12 am
Samsett hlutfall í ágúst var 81,8% en það var 94,8% á sama tíma í fyrra. Samsett hlutfall það sem af er ári er 97,8% og samsett hlutfall síðustu 12 mánaða er 97,6%.. Nafnhækkun fjárfestingaeigna var 0,4% ...
Posted on 20 September 2018 | 8:30 am
Sector ETF report for FENY
Posted on 20 September 2018 | 4:21 am
These S&P 500 stocks have solid domestic exposure (per Goldman Sachs) thus having low correlation to trade war risks.
Posted on 19 September 2018 | 12:00 pm
In the context of portfolio construction, the best thing about bonds is that they are not stocks. All these attributes lend themselves to bonds being less than perfectly correlated with stocks, making them good diversifiers of equity risk. As stocks continue to chug along and interest rates have lifted off from their recent lows and could climb higher still, now is a good time to revisit bonds' role in a diversified portfolio.
Posted on 19 September 2018 | 4:00 am
Sector ETF report for FDIS
Posted on 19 September 2018 | 3:37 am
Sector ETF report for FSTA
Posted on 18 September 2018 | 5:05 am
On September 11, RPM International (RPM) announced that it acquired Nudura—a Canadian-based company. Nudura specializes in manufacturing and distributing insulated concrete forms. However, RPM International didn’t disclose the acquisition’s financial aspects. RPM International expects the acquisition to be included in its reporting system within one year.
Posted on 17 September 2018 | 8:18 am
Internet retail, small-cap and a health care stock fund are among SFMG Wealth Advisor's top ETF picks for the coming months.
Posted on 17 September 2018 | 5:00 am
Find out how the investment giant's top performers have done so far this year.
Posted on 16 September 2018 | 4:14 am
Vanguard funds, be they index funds or exchange-traded funds, are wildly popular with financial advisers and investors. One of the primary reasons Vanguard funds have such receptive audiences is their low fees.
Posted on 14 September 2018 | 7:40 am
A yield curve tracks the yields of Treasury securities maturing at different times. When the yield curve (BND) inverts, it means that the yields of shorter-duration securities become larger than those of longer-term securities. The inversion of the yield curve has been a good indicator of upcoming recessions in the past.
Posted on 14 September 2018 | 6:00 am
First Trust Advisors L.P. announces the declaration of distributions for 117 exchange-traded funds advised by FTA.
Posted on 13 September 2018 | 2:18 pm
Cambria Funds added new multi-asset ETF that incorporates a wide range of asset categories, with a focus on diversification, value investing and trend following. The recently launched Cambria Trinity ETF ...
Posted on 12 September 2018 | 11:20 am
Last week, the second-largest U.S. issuer of exchange traded funds added to its lineup of fixed income ETFs with the debut of the Vanguard Total World Bond ETF (NASDAQ: BNDW). BNDW's holdings are the aforementioned BND and the Vanguard Total International Bond ETF (NASDAQ: BNDX). “This structure enables the Vanguard Total World Bond ETF to achieve immediate scale by using existing exposure from the underlying ETFs and is expected to result in tighter bid-ask spreads and lower operating expenses than investing directly in the benchmark’s constituents,” Pennsylvania-based Vanguard said in a statement.
Posted on 10 September 2018 | 10:56 am
According to the recent data by Reuters, 57% of the 23 analysts covering Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) stock have given it “buy” recommendations.
Posted on 10 September 2018 | 6:01 am